Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Thoughts on Vegas Shooting

....really speechless at this point. How someone could so coldly plan and murder so many people is beyond my comprehension. As the details are coming out, it's becoming easier to see how calculated this individual was....unreal...

In the days and weeks to come, I'm sure we're going to hear more about gun control from those who support it...and those who oppose it. These are my "knee-jerk" reactions to articles I've read the past 2 days, and no, I'm not going to provide links to them. I'm not going to give them anymore attention or traffic, period.

1) I've seen many, many articles the past several days where people are trying their best to pin this on the NRA. The NRA is not responsible. That's like trying to blame the FAA for the planes that went down on 9/11.

2) "Its time we outlaw machine guns!!!". news flash people...the 1938 firearms act made machine gun purchases damn near unaffordable unless you were a millionaire at the time. It required a 200$ tax stamp to purchase, which at that time, was 10 times more than the cost of the weapon. With the additional legislation from the 1986 firearms act, you still need a stamp and must be a class 3 dealer to purchase and own. Full auto weapons prior to 1986 can still be transferred from individual to individual, but are so rare, in limited numbers, and so costly (17,000$ and up!)...they're like unicorns, I've heard they're around but I've never seen one.

3)statistics this...statistics that...blah blah blah...so tired of hearing these numbers spit out and regurgitated. Ex. "X" amount of gun deaths every year (70% of them are suicides, but they fail to mention this because it doesn't support their viewpoint)...and on , and on, and on

4)"imagine if he had a silencer!" jeez...they're not silencers, they're suppressors. When attached to a weapon, they're still loud. most only have a 40 decibel reduction if that. This isn't the movies people.

I could go on and on but why...most of these people aren't open to education on the subject matter much less robust debate from an opposing view point. I don't intend to sound insensitive, just tired of the same bullshit and political meandering after every tragedy.

enough for now, thanks for reading, and yes, i'll try to post more often!

tell me how you feel in the comments
 

No comments: